How we're working to keep our studio clean and our students safe:
At Char-Mar, we have always taken pride in creating a safe space for our dancers. Now more than ever, we feel it’s important to share the steps we are taking to help keep our dancers safe and healthy. We will continue to follow CDC and WHO guidelines to create the safest space possible for our students and staff. We ask that all parents maintain healthy habits and keep us updated on the status of their dancers and home environments.
Steps we’re already taking:
- We’ve installed UV lights in the AC vents to help sterilize circulating air.
- Our staff cleans high-traffic areas throughout the day.
- Our instructors quick-clean the studio before/after every class.
- We also deep-clean and sanitize the entire studio every morning and night.
- Our staff members are required to wear masks while instructing and around students.
- Each dancer’s temperature will be taken upon entry to the studio using a no-touch thermometer. Any dancer
who exhibits sneezing, coughing, runny nose, fever, or any other symptoms of illness will be sent home.
- No street shoes will be permitted past the front door.
- Please refrain from bringing electronics and unnecessary items.
- Upon entering the studio all students will be required to wash their hands.
- Parents may walk their child to the front door but may not enter the studio.
- Parents must set up appointments to speak with teachers and the studio owner in person.
- All dancers must wear masks while in the studio.
November 29th, 2021 Update
In response to the School District of Palm Beach Country opt-out policy, we will be transitioning classes into the new policy over the next two months. For the month of December, in classes with 10 or fewer students, students may choose to opt-out of wearing a mask. In classes with 11 or more students, we ask that students continue to wear their masks. Please contact Miss Stephanie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your child’s class size.
In the New Year, we will adjust our policy according to local case rates. If covid cases in the county are under 5% masks will be fully optional. Should the rate be above 5% we may reinstate the mask requirement.
For those who are looking for masks, our redbubble store is now selling some studio-spirited options!